Recently, due to the unfortunate passing of Professor Bobby Baxter last year, we were lucky to receive a large collection of his handwritten letters, notes, etc. which we have been carefully going through in the hope of staging an exhibition on this great master of comedy and magic. Currently, however, we thought we would whet your appetite by disclosing a few of the jokes we have discovered, while going through everything, that we thought were particularly humorous. We are not sure if they are all original with Mr. Baxter, but hopefully they may provide a laugh or two:
- What is a royal flush? A drink made of Royal Crown and Prune Juice.
- I’ve reached an age where my back goes out more than I do.
- I tried to write a song about drinking, but I couldn’t get past the first two bars.
- At the hotel I called down for some Southern Comfort, and they sent up a maid from Memphis.
- Been thinking of buying an expensive see through shirt, but it seems a shame to spend so much to see so little.
- If you cross a fly with an elephant you know what you get? A zipper that never forgets.
- If you’re old try to live til Tuesday.
- Make old age fun, share your teeth with a friend.
- Remember, you don’t have to be an elevator to get the shaft.
Okay, hopefully those were enough to brighten everyone’s day. Please check back from time to time to see what other gems we have managed to locate.
*Photo by Bill Wadman at Bobby Baxter’s apartment; http://www.billwadman.com.
Best wishes from Conjuring Arts,